Schema API and quad labels

I would like to provide a way for different users of an application to have facts they add, modify and delete walled off in different “organizations,” and I was going to use the quad label for this. I’ve been using schema.WriteAsQuads to write annotated structs to Cayley as a set of quads, but I’m having difficulty finding a way to supply the label part of the quad to this or a related method. Is there a pointer to a Golang file or to documentation that will clarify this?

Looking over schema.go, I gather that the label is not currently supported when using the schema API to write to the store; e.g.,

I’ve taken a different approach and am writing the struct as a series of quads and including the label as the fourth argument:

func (conn *CayleyConnection) CreateLink(orgId quad.IRI, node *Link) error {
	return conn.Do(func(tx *graph.Transaction) {
		tx.AddQuad(quad.Make(node.ResourceID, quad.IRI("rdf:type"), quad.IRI("di:link"), orgId))
		tx.AddQuad(quad.Make(node.ResourceID, quad.IRI("di:url"), node.URL, orgId))
		tx.AddQuad(quad.Make(node.ResourceID, quad.IRI("di:title"), node.Title, orgId))
		addParentTopics(tx, orgId, node)
	})
}

As long as all of the required fields are written in this way, the struct can be read using the schema API without issue.

Feel free to open an issue about similar problems directly on Github - it will be addressed faster :slight_smile:

You will now be able to specify a quad label in v0.7.4 that will be released soon (see schema.Config.Label in 1a0c7cb).